Dixon Elementary History
Dixon Elementary School was established in 1900 as the Dixon Corner School. It began as a goat shed. The hurricane of 1906 blew the shed down and classes resumed in the Dixon Corner Masonic Hall. In 1920 Ella Grant applied to the Rosenwald Foundation and had a small schoolhouse built, which was completed in 1923. In 1968 the present main building was completed. Two additions have been completed since 1968, one in 1972 and another in 2000. The school now serves 440 students.